8.1. Reporting Misconduct

When academic misconduct occurs in the CS&E department, the professor should follow the usual university procedure (see the information at the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity site). However, if the student(s) involved is a CS grad student, the professor should also report the incident to the CS&E Department for a possible TA-related penalty.

Once the department receives an allegation of academic misconduct, it should investigate it. If the misconduct has resulted in a class penalty, and the student chooses to appeal it, the department will usually wait until the result of the appeal is known before deciding on any TA-related penalty. However, in extreme cases, the department may decide sooner.