Computer Science & Engineering Undergraduate Advising
Departmental Undergraduate Advisors Contact Information
Shared Undergraduate Academic Advisor email address for Jacquelyn Burt, Alisa Dean, Josie Kahlenbeck, and Kelly Thomas:
4-192 Keller Hall
200 Union Street SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering invites any and all undergraduate students to submit anonymous feedback using this Google form. Submissions are reviewed by the undergraduate advising team every two weeks.
Drop-in Advising (5-10 minute sessions)
Students must be checked in 15 minutes prior to the end of drop-in hours (i.e. by 3:45 p.m. if hours end at 4:00 p.m.).
Be advised that each block of drop-in advising has a set capacity based on the number of 10-minute appointments available. Busier times may fill up early in the block.
- Drop-in advising is for short-term planning and immediate questions
- Long-term planning and graduation checks should be done through an appointment (csci.appointments.umn.edu)
- You do not need an appointment for drop-in advising
- Advising is done on a first-come, first-serve basis during drop-ins
- Office hours are subject to change
Advising Drop-in Hours:
- Tuesdays 9:00 AM -11:00 AM
- Tuesdays 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Wednesdays 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
- Thursdays 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
You may also be able to find the answers to your questions in the CS Undergraduate Guide
No drop-in hours are scheduled for the following dates:
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Professor Nick Hopper ( ) *Please contact the Undergraduate Advisors with inquiries first*