12/7 TA Update
Monday, December 7, 2015
Here is an update on the Spring 16 TA situation:
- The second round of TA offers will go out very soon (in the next day or so). These are primarily to students who currently (in Fall) have a TA, but have not yet gotten a Spring TA offer.
- There will be a third round that goes out in about a week and a half. After that third round, we should have filled almost all of the Spring TA positions. However, there will likely be some offers made in January on an as-needed basis.
- If you are currently are a TA, do not have an offer for Spring, and do not get an offer in the second round, you will be considered in the third round. If you are a student who does not currently have a TA but who applied for a Spring TA position, you will also be considered in the third round.
- Preliminarily we have had fewer students decline the Spring offers than expected, so we will likely have fewer additional positions than expected. However, this might change.
- If you already have a Spring TA position but wish to resign, please remember to do so by Friday, Dec. 11.
- We hope to get course assignments made soon (either later this week, or at latest very early next week).